Plava laguna d.d., R. Končara 12, Poreč, Croatia, PIN: 57444289760, (hereinafter: Plava laguna) respects your privacy and the safety of your personal data. The collection, use and processing of your personal data is carried out in accordance with these Privacy Rules and with the applicable legal provisions, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as of 27 April 2016 (hereinafter: General Regulation) and the Croatian Act on the Implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (Official Gazette NN 42/2018).
In accordance with the principle of transparency, these Rules are intended to provide respondents with accurate, complete information about which of their personal data is collected, used, provided or otherwise processed by Plava Laguna, as well as to which extent this data is processed or will be processed. Likewise, the aim of these Rules is to introduce individuals who use this internet portal to the risks, rules, protective measures and rights related to the processing of their personal data and the manner in which to exercise their rights as regards its processing.
The general rules and conditions of the Plava Laguna Internet Portals are defined by separate rules and general conditions of use, and these rules and conditions shall be applied in everything not covered by the current Rules, under the condition that they are not in opposition to the provisions of these Privacy Rules.
Personal data is any data that can be used to confirm your identity. Through its online services, Plava Laguna can collect some of the following personal data:
- First name, last name, home address, date of birth, personal identification number, personal ID number or number of other identification documents, citizenship;
- Data on your stay, including data on the facility in which you are staying, date of arrival, date of departure, products or services purchased, information on your preferences for services (room type, etc.);
- Data on the loyalty programme;
- Additional information about you that we might receive from third parties with whom we do business (e.g. travel agencies, tour operators).
LEGAL BASIS FOR THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Plava Laguna collects and processes your personal data only if one of the assumptions listed below is fulfilled:
- We have your consent Example: receiving our newsletter
If you wish to receive our newsletter, you will click the check box on the Plava Laguna Internet Portal indicating that you wish to receive the newsletter, and you will enter the e-mail address to which you wish to receive the newsletter.
- Processing is necessary to execute an agreement to which the respondent is a party, or to take measures at the request of the respondent prior to concluding an agreement
Example: on-line booking
When booking accommodation at one of Plava Laguna's facilities via the Plava Laguna Internet Portal in order for us to offer the services required.
- Processing is required in order to fulfil the legal obligations of the data processor
Example: forwarding data to the eVisitor system
Plava Laguna is required to register every guest with the eVisitor system in order to pay sojourn tax and register their stay in Croatia.
- Processing is required for the legitimate interests of the data processor or a third party
Example: in order to personalise your experience
Plava Laguna may use your personal data to improve its understanding of your interests in order to offer you other services or products that might interest you. This allows us to adjust our communication to make it relevant and more interesting to you.
Plava Laguna may collect personal data for other legally expected reasons, such as e.g. when processing is required in order to protect key interests of the respondent or other physical persons.
PERSONAL DATA THAT IS COLLECTED
Plava Laguna collects data during the use of its services or during access to the Plava Laguna Internet Portals:
(i) When booking accommodation and purchasing other products or services, the following are collected:
First name, last name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, personal identification number.
Information about services (or products) purchased
(ii) When accessing the Plava Laguna Internet Portals, the following are collected:
Data on your accommodation interests;
Information on the use of the web page;
Information on clicks on our advertisements, including those published on other web sites;
Information on how you access digital services, e.g. operating system, web browser, IP address;
(iii) When sending inquiries and offering support, consultations or answers to complaints, surveys and research, the following are collected:
The data you provide us when booking or purchasing services, including your first name, last name, and e-mail address, or if you are logged in via a social network, then your name, user name and contact data.
The content of digital communications, as well as which links you clicked on during communication
The content of your complaints
(iv) When registering for our newsletter, the following is collected:
(v) When registering guests at an accommodation facility, the following are collected:
First name, last name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, personal identification number, data on personal identification document
Information on services (or products) purchased
Guest complaints and comments
In addition to directly from respondents, Plava Laguna can collect personal data from other sources under the following circumstances:
- From specialised firms that offer information (e.g. credit rating agencies), business partners (e.g. tour operators) and public registers (trade register);
- If booking is carried out via a social network e.g. Facebook, Google+, you accept that we may use your user data, e.g. first name, last name, e-mail address or other information you have chosen to share;
- Via video surveillance at Plava Laguna facilities.
- Plava Laguna uses the data of other persons you provide to us, such as e.g. persons included in your booking;
- When you provide data on other persons, you must be sure that they have consented to this and that you have the authority to do so in their name. Whenever possible, you must make sure that they are familiar with the processing of personal data from these Privacy rules.
PERIOD FOR WHICH PERSONAL DATA IS STORED
The period for which Plava Laguna stores your personal data is limited to a strict minimum, and in accordance with this, Plava Laguna defines the periods for which it stores or periodically checks particular personal data in order for it not to be kept longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
After this period is over, Plava Laguna will erase the personal data. However, if this data is necesary to create statistical indicators, analyses, archiving or some other legitimate interest of Plava Laguna, all measures will be taken to ensure that this personal data is anonymised.
Plava Laguna uses tools to analyse the use of the Plava Laguna Internet Portal, through which we may collect particular data about you, thus gaining insight into the needs of our visitors and/or users, the goal of which is to improve the quality of our services.
Cookies are used for this purpose, as are some other tools.
The user and/or visitor may refuse or erase cookies through the relevant settings on their computer and the web browser they are using. However, this may prevent some functions of the Plava Laguna Internet Portal from being fully usable.
The aforementioned tools collect and store some technical data, including user and/or visitor IP addresses. For more information on cookies and the other tools we use, click here.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY RULES
These Privacy Rules replace all prior versions.
The Privacy Rules were last updated in: May 2018.
Plava Laguna retains the right to change, modify and/or amend these Privacy Rules at any time. All changes to the Rules will be published on the Plava Laguna Internet Portal; in the case of significant changes, you will be informed in a clear and understandable manner.